·2 YEAR DIPLOMA IN EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION (DEMA).
THE GENERAL AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
GENERAL AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The general aims and objectives of the programmes will be to enable existing and potential managers of educational institutions to examine their problems and practices in the light of modern thinking of educational management and administration. It will provide a frame within which the skills, concepts and techniques required by educational managers can be acquired and reinforced while focusing upon the real issues faced by such managers in their daily work.
The programme is expected to produce professionals in educational management and administration with due regard to Tanzanian education system and environment.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The specific objectives of the programmes are as follows:
To develop an understanding of management theory and practice and its relevance and application to the management of educational organizations.
to acquire specific management tools and skills appropriate to the education service in Tanzania.
to examine curriculum theory and practices in relation to development and implementation of the curriculum in educational institutions.
to examine the political, social and economic context of education and educational planning.
to examine educational philosophy of self reliance and assess the role of educational institutions, especially schools and colleges, in preparing citizens who will be self-reliant tomorrow.
to acquire practical skills in handling learning resources.
to identify and select researchable problems in education that can help solve some of these problems and disseminate such information to others.
- Organisation Theories, Management and Administration
- Study Skills
- Management and Supervision of Curriculum Implementation
- Human Resources Management
- Educational Action Research
- Financial Management
- Economics of Education
- Computer Skills
- Management of Material Resources
- School Management and Leadership
- Staff Training and Development
- Educational Policy and Legislation
- Guidance and Counseling
- Development Studies
- Independent Study and Field Attachment
2. SHORT COURSES:
- 3-Months Certificate course for Primary School Head Teachers
- 3-Months Certificate course for Heads of Secondary Schools
- 1-Month Induction course for Heads of Secondary Schools
and Primary Schools.
- 1-Month Refresher Training for Heads Secondary Schools
- 1-Month Refresher course for Teachers College Principals and Vice Principals
- Project Planning / Project Management course
- Planning and School Mapping in Education course
- Financial Planning and Decision Making
- 2-weeks School Committee Training
- OTHER ACTIVITIES:
- Research and Development in the field of Educational Management
- Advice and Support for Regional and District Education Officers, Heads of Secondary Schools and Head teachers of Primary Schools